List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Custom Shutdown Options
From:       phanisvara das <phani00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-30 8:40:41

On Monday, August 30, 2010 01:35:36 pm Cyrille Berger wrote:
> The only problem I have with suspend-to-disk is that I have never managed
> to  make it work. It usually goes to sleep (on this computer it takes 10
> minutes to suspend to disk...), but I have never seen it restoring
> properly.

i've got a similar problem: suspend to ram works just once, after that it won't
wake up anymore (to disk works fine though). i know there's logfiles for all this
suspend business somewhere, and i'm confident i'll figure it out some time; but
just now i don't have that time.

if it really bothers you, i'd recommend to find traces of the unsuccesful wake-up
attempts in the logs. last time i did that, it was a wrong or missing command in
the grub menu; plenty of things that can go wrong with certain hardware...

--
phani.