List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Custom Shutdown Options
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2010-08-29 11:42:59

Am Sunday 29 August 2010 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Well, it is a Lenovo T61 with two original Lenovo batteries, one being
> only about 1 month old... I turned off at 98%, and after turning on it
> showed 94%.
Makes at least >3% (for unsharp display 97.6% -> 94.4%).

The self-discharge of bateries heavily depends on
- the type ("nothing" for L-ion, quite some for LSD-NiMH, much for NiMH,
Eneloop is good for long time silence but otherwise ... "legendary" =)
- external conditions (teperature...)
- their age (sure it's a "new" battery? grey import from china? :-P )

However 3%-4% /h is incredibly much (even though it might be a weak one -just
2 or 3 cells?- since 4h uptime on two batteries ain't too much) and either the
battery is broken or sth. in your NB didn't power down -> check the BIOS for
S2RAM behaviour and also ensure it did _really_ s2ram (backlight? fan? HD
spins down? put a disc in and watch if it's warm after the suspension)

Modern NB in the EU (applies 2014) need to be able to s2ram <= 1W
- yes, they've even a rule for that... aside banana curvation =D

Cheers
Thomas