List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma-GlobalMenu Patch
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2010-08-27 17:27:50

Am Friday 27 August 2010 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> the nice thing about this approach is that we can easily switch between
> xbar and dbusmenu bars depending on which is most appropriate without the
> user ever needing to notice.

FYI: the Xbar plasmoid meanwhile supports GGM properties...  (this is a bit
more staright foreward and prevents several glitches)

<rant>
...and i do still object propagating all popups.
leaving aside all security worries, dbus is at least better than X11 on this -
effectively we're turning a sync UI into an async protocol, this will sooner
or later cause some trouble on sth. and the GGM gtk plugin seems long time
broken for some non std. applications like emacs or eclipse which apparently
depend on events of the local poppups - well, i guess canonical will figure...
</rant>

Cheers,
Thomas