List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase-runtime links to Qt's phonon rather than to KDE's phonon
From:       Trent Shea <trentshea () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-04 16:33:56

On Saturday 03 July 2010 09:09:17 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> In theory, the Phonon shipped by Qt should also be enough since it's the
> same  version (Qt 4.7 has Phonon 4.4).
I just gave this a try.
4.7-stable git tag: d3ae6c620876e08ed130606709c208f7352b2f8
kde svn 1141471 from 4.4 branch

It appears to work, or at least it's back to the 'old' behaviour: kde sound
works qt demos work, the backend tab in kde's multimedia module is empty -
this has always been the case when I force a build against qt's shipped
phonon. Anyhow, this isn't a sanctioned way to build, so I'm not complaining
;)

A bit strange: phonon was detected as 4.3.1 by cmake and qtconfig, the
libraries are 4.4.0, so is the pc file. It looks like ./phononnamespace.h needs
to be updated, at least cmake spews the correct version when I update it, no
time for a qt rebuild today... (same issue with v4.7.0-beta1, I believe).

> So it should be made to work.
Only thing required was a link from /opt/qt/include/Phonon > phonon. This
became apparent when building kdebase, so I added the link and started from
scratch.

--
Regards,
Trent.