List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Locking screen *before* suspend?
From:       Joanna Rutkowska <joanna () invisiblethingslab ! com>
Date:       2010-07-05 9:12:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

It seems like KDE locks screen (via kscreenlocker) only after resume
from suspend (e.g. S3 sleep), which results in the original content of
the screen to be often visible for a second or more, and only afterwards
the screen gets locked and the unlock password is expected.

Wouldn't it be better to lock the screen just a moment before we do
suspend, and do the suspend with the screen locker on? This way we would
get into the locker screen when resuming, without showing the original
content of the screen even for a moment?

joanna.