List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde with nfs home
From:       "Anne-Marie Mahfouf" <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-06-28 8:56:44

On Monday 28 June 2010 09:02:01 Harald Thoeny wrote:
>  so i hecked it.
>
> and , sorry its still 30 sec for the last login step. with classic oder
> advance menu. normaly i use lancelot.
We assumed you used Kickoff when you reported (which is the default KDE menu).
Do your co-workers experiment the same problem?
> so there has to be some other parts slow down the last login step.
So you switched to Classic menu and it's the same start delay.
Did you only logout and login again or did you reboot? What KDE version is it?

In order to help debugging this problem you need to be as precise as possible
(enterprises installations seldom change defaults or for better results in
speed, I am surprised they use Lancelot here, are you the sysadmin? or are you
a user and are users able to change the menu?)

Thanks in advance for more precisions. In order to help us tackle the problem
we really need to know how your KDE environment is set up. For what I know
from an enterprise setup, the sysadmin decides what is best and he secures the
environment. This does not seem the case in your setup.
We do care a lot about such deployments, that's why we need more information.

Anne-Marie