List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple sounds with phonon
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2010-06-20 21:14:08

Hi

On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Danilo Cesar wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm having some problems with phonon, can you give-me a clue please? =)
>
> My pb is: I need to play 5 different sounds, and some of them need to
> be played at the same time
> (eg: playing an explosion sound while there is another 5 instance of
> the same sound being played).

If they are events and just needs to be played, then  start 5 separate players
or send 5 play notifications. If they need specific timing you need a mixer to
mix the sounds at the right timing before playing them. It is not very hard
but might be a bit intimidating for anyone who doesnt know audio. We should
probably make something more convinient for that use case.

`Allan