List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple sounds with phonon
From:       sandsmark () samfundet ! no
Date:       2010-06-16 23:51:05

On Thursday 17 June 2010 00:29:00 Ian Wadham wrote:
> ATM they are using Phonon mainly AFAIK.  My game, KGoldrunner, uses
> KDE Phonon but should probably use Qt Phonon.  I am really confused
> about that, so my response is do nothing ... like a rabbit in the
> headlights?

There is only one Phonon. The only difference is that Qt ships with a slightly
outdated copy of the Phonon we ship stand-alone (what you probably refer to as
KDE Phonon).

Also, I've been thinking about getting a ‘MediaSource::prefetch(bool)' (or
something), so that they read/load in the file when the file is set, and the
stream is played straight from memory. This should (hopefully) remove any
pauses, at the cost of slightly increased memory usage (though constant).

I'll also look into being able to get more complex graphs between nodes and
sinks, though the limitations in Phonon here are due to limitations in the
backends. It might get better with Phonon-VLC.

--
Martin Sandsmark
Phonon Maintainer