List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Solid in Python
From:       Thomas Olsen <tanghus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-15 11:24:38

Hi

I'm maintaining the two Python Plasmoids [1] [2] that I would like to behave
nicely if there is no network connection on startup so I'm trying to use Solid
for this. I'm having a bit of problems connecting to the signals though.
I've tried different approaches, the most "successful" being:

QObject.connect(Solid.Networking.Notifier, SIGNAL("statusChanged()"),
self.netstate_changed)

Which gives me these errors:

    QObject.connect(Solid.Networking.Notifier, SIGNAL("statusChanged()"),
self.netstate_changed)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QObject.connect(QObject, SIGNAL(), QObject, SLOT(),
Qt.ConnectionType=Qt.AutoConnection): argument 1 has unexpected type
'PyQt4.QtCore.pyqtWrapperType'
  QObject.connect(QObject, SIGNAL(), callable,
Qt.ConnectionType=Qt.AutoConnection): argument 1 has unexpected type
'PyQt4.QtCore.pyqtWrapperType'
  QObject.connect(QObject, SIGNAL(), SLOT(),
Qt.ConnectionType=Qt.AutoConnection): first argument of unbound method must
have type 'QObject'

Being a bit stuck here I was hoping someone could guide me to what I'm doing
wrong.

Haven't been able to find a solution on Techbase and the API documentation is
a bit non-existent [3].

[1] http://code.google.com/p/currency-converter-plasmoid/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/google-translator/
[3] http://api.kde.org/4.4-api/kdelibs//solid/index.html