List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Customizing the gdm/kdm login window
From:       "Ernest G. Ngaruiya" <ngaruiya () csail ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2010-06-14 23:55:03

Hello all,

I run Fedora 11 on my workstation, which runs a gdm login window when I
boot up before starting up kde which is my default desktop environment.

I was hoping to create a custom (Qt or otherwise) application which can be
used to (optionally) add a user before getting to the login window.

What is the best way to go about this? Is it hacking the gdm login code or
is it possible to launch a custom Qt application in /etc/rc.local before
the login window?

Regards,
Ernest