List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QDBus connection problem
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-29 20:22:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Em Quinta-feira 29. Abril 2010, ās 16.28.35, Duns Ens escreveu:
> I would like to get some clarification on a DBus connection problem I have.
> I  am trying to wrap a kio slave around ktorrents dbus interface to allow
> easy usage of torrent shares in all of KDE.
>
> Now my problem is that I need to have a QObject to connect to the dbus
> signals. I have inherited my slave from both QObject and SlaveBase but
> although the dbus calls go out to ktorrent and internal signal slot
> communication works the dbus signal connection from KTorrent does not
> work.  dbus-monitor shows that the message is emitted on the specified
> interface.
>
> Maybe I am doing sth. wrong with inheriting QObject for a kio slave? Or do
> I  need a QApplication with app.exec() in the main function to start some
> event loop?

You need an event loop to receive D-Bus signals.

IOSlaves have no event loop.

You need to start a thread and receive the signal there. Be careful with
cross-thread synchronisation issues. Also be sure of creating the D-Bus
connection in the thread.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358