List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QtMultimedia, Phonon, tougths.
From:       "Arjen-Wander Hiemstra" <djfreestyler () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-11 18:51:32

On Thursday 11 March 2010 18:55:26 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> I asked that because I'm starting a few small games that I plan to
> include in KDE SC 4.6 ,
> and I wanted to know if I'm gonna use QtMultimedia or Phonon.

There is a way, way better library for games available: OpenAL. Sure, it's not
Qt and stuff, but it has been designed for game audio, not applications
(Phonon) or mobile phones (QtMultimedia). If you really do need a Qt-library,
we from Gluon are working on something like that. You might want to take a
look at it.

- Arjen