List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Path to ksnapshot, grab last used Region.
From:       Parker Coates <parker.coates () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2010-01-24 23:23:41

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 15:57, Richard Moore wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> Added a new option for Grabbing the exact same rect from the last
>> Region snapthot,
>
> This seems like a rather obscure thing to want to do. The aim with
> ksnapshot has always been to keep the UI   very minimal and only cover
> common cases. This means that a change to include a new option like
> this is probably something I'd have to reject.

I think a lot of the more advanced use cases could be supported
through the addition of more command line switches to KSnapshot. For
example if you find yourself repeatedly capturing the same region,
it'd probably make sense to add a --geom=x,y,w,h switch to be used in
conjunction with with the --region switch. This would add advanced
functionality, without messing with the UI.

Parker