List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Best widget for tailing log data?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2009-12-28 12:15:01

What do people think is the best widget for "tailing" logging output from a
process? I looked at the numerous QText* widgets and QTextEdit seems a good
bet. But what is best, using a QTextCursor to add lines to the end of the text
and remove lines from the top, or keeping the log lines in an eternal stack
(via QStringList) and updating the widget en masse? The amount of output will
not normally be very large.

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.