List:       kde-devel
Subject:    love it, but some newbe pain
From:       john e <john.godzero () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-22 0:36:48

My thoughts on KDE4.4:

(details: Kubuntu 64 9.10 ATI closed driver)

So far good!!,really, but I have these STRONG wishes

1) When a program crashes, and it askes me for a report... there
really should be a way for me to report. Currently, it askes me to
install the debug packages, but clicking on that does nothing.

2) Download source to coustomise. Many times i think i have a good
idea for a fix or optimization, currently kde offers no wa to do that.
Take for example the "system load viewer". I have loved this app
since.. wow.. but i would like to improve it, even if only i like the
improvements... how do i do it? No option to DL the source.. can't
contact the author.. nothing
as a beta project, someone dropped the ball here. I cannot easily give
feedback (see 1 and 2).

Many little issues, i think i can fix or i can communicate the issue
easily (i have a programming background), but the current setup cannot
deal with this.

I heart kde, let me help.

-john