List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Writing a new view mode for dolphin
From:       "Peter Penz" <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-12-11 8:34:03

Hello Ryan,

> I've been trying to put a new view mode into dolphin for a while now and
> I'm
> having trouble telling exactly how much forward motion I'm making.
>
> Can some please tell me what the minimum set of additions are (i.e. are
> configuration boxes necessary?) and how I'm meant to put it into the menu
> of
> view modes (something that I've failed to tell if I have done or not).

A new view mode means quite a lot of maintainence time and efforts, so it would be \
only integrated into Dolphin if there is a strong benefit for the users in addition \
to the current view modes.

So before talking about technical details: Which kind of view mode do you want to \
add?

Thanks,
Peter