List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Speed on moving split-panes in KDE apps.
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-12-07 22:32:46

My observations:

The style has little effect (i test that regularily ;-) but the relatively bad
X11 performance irritated me (seems no "drawImage()" is used)

Next I tried (for dolphin) switching from "Row" arrangement to "Column" and
the effect was rather strong.
(the performance is still better for the raster engine, but the native one
isn't anymore that laggy)

So there seems to be two problems with the core elements (qlistview):
a) The "Row" arragenment is either by concept or implementation
inferior/improvable (it is /not/ the amount of visible icons, i compensated it
by the grid size)
b) As qitemdeletgate::paint and kfileplacesviewdelegate look pretty
unspectacular, it seems the raster favor is in the icon engine (though this
isn't as much a problem then)

Cheers