List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMid2 name
From:       Antonio Larrosa <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-05 18:27:53

On Viernes 04 Diciembre 2009 19:59:50 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas escribió:
> On Friday, December 4, 2009, Markus wrote:
> > Either the old KMid is still being worked on, then you should change the
> > name to something completely different. Or it's a continuation, then you
> > can keep the old name and bump the version number.
> > And while strictly not required as the old KMid lived in KDE's SVN as
> > well, out of kindness you should ask the original author if you can use
> > the KMid name even though the old app may be unmaintained.
> >
> > Markus
>
> I've contacted with Antonio Larrosa privately by mail. I've asked him about
> his approval. He answered me, also privately, that he has no objections,
>  and gave me his full support.

Yes, Pedro contacted me and we talked about it. I don't have the time I would
like to work in kmid, and I think Pedro has made a good work on kmid2, so it's
a nice way to allow kmid to continue being "alive". I don't have any problem
at all that he's using the name kmid2 for his application, and I fully support
that it goes into kdemultimedia (when possible, of course, not in the middle
of a freeze).

Btw, if Pedro wants, I don't have any problem if he prefers to use the name
kmid and bump the version number as Markus proposed instead of using kmid2.
Both options are fine for me, but Pedro is the one who should choose what name
to use (IMO).

> I'm adding him to this conversation in the hope that he finds a little time
>  to answer and publicly state his position regarding the issues that you
>  have raised in your message.

Done. Don't hesitate to ask me if you need anything else from me.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa