List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMid2 name
From:       Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-04 18:59:50

On Friday, December 4, 2009, Markus wrote:
> Either the old KMid is still being worked on, then you should change the
> name to something completely different. Or it's a continuation, then you
> can keep the old name and bump the version number.
> And while strictly not required as the old KMid lived in KDE's SVN as well,
> out of kindness you should ask the original author if you can use the KMid
> name even though the old app may be unmaintained.
>
> Markus

I've contacted with Antonio Larrosa privately by mail. I've asked him about
his approval. He answered me, also privately, that he has no objections, and
gave me his full support.

I'm adding him to this conversation in the hope that he finds a little time to
answer and publicly state his position regarding the issues that you have
raised in your message.

Regards,
Pedro