List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Akonadi and KMail problems
From:       annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr
Date:       2009-11-22 11:19:15

Hi,

After several days away I came back yesterda and updated KDE trunk and then I
started it with a new $KDEHOME. I don't have MySQL thus Akonadi does not work
but it tries anyway to start. I issued
kwriteconfig --file kres-migratorrc --group Migration --key Enabled --type bool
false
but that does not prevent it to try to start.

When I run KMail, I cannot read any mail as KMail freezes with the following
Konsole output:
kmail(6446)/libakonadi Akonadi::SessionPrivate::socketError: Socket error
occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name

What can I do to prevent Akonadi trying to start and blocking KMail?

Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie