List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 maintenance
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-11-18 23:11:07

On 18.11.09 14:38:52, Timothy Pearson wrote:

> > I think it is great. There are some users that still use KDE 3 even if
> > the KDE 4 has improved a lot.
> > You are not alone. ;-)
> > There are some people that continues to use linux 2.2 and mantain it.
> > You can get your patches into KDE SVN commiting them yourself or send
> > to someone else if you don't have the permissions.
> > KDE 3 is in http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/.
> > You can clone the repository using git and publish it with your
> > patches in gitorious before someone commit your patches. It will easy
> > the review of your patches.
> >
> > Raul Fernandes
> > rgfernandes@gmail.com
> >

> Hi Raul,
>
> I don't have the required permissions in KDE SVN; how would I go about
> obtaining them for the KDE3 trunk?

Note that there is no KDE3 trunk and the 3.5 branch is officially closed
for features. So you'd probably have to start off somewhere else in svn. I
suggest to ask kde-core-devel how to best handle that (the people
maintaining the core modules don't read this list that much)

Andreas

--
Don't read any sky-writing for the next two weeks.