List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: screen management plasmoid for KDE 4.4?
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-16 9:35:50

2009/11/16 Björn Ruberg <bjoern@ruberg-wegener.de>:
> Well, that plasmoid is my contribution for this problem. Of course krandrtray
> is worth some bugfixing - and the screen module too. But I cannot do that, so I
> won't do.

Out of interest, why can't you?  Too complicated?  Have you tried?

> The later is not very intuitive for the user. Have I already told that
> krandrtray always restores the last screen configuration when I launch it -
> even if it is completly nonsense because the external screen from the last
> session is gone?

I can understand why krandrtray does this, and I can also see how it
can be undiserable in certain situations.  Maybe some sort of fix can
be made?  Maybe it could just not restore the configuration if the
external screen is no longer there?

> That stuff is full of problems that makes it unuseable. At least for me - and I
> don't think that I'm simply to stupid for using it.

You seem to understand the problems etc.  I'm sure the author would be
more than happy for you to improve krandrtray.

John