List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using kde svn with karmic kola
From:       Shaun Reich <predator106 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 20:27:00

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM, David Boosalis
<david.boosalis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded frm ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04. The upgrade was actually pain free but
> for one thing-  In my /etc/init.d directory I had two files kdm.svn and
> kdm.org.  Depending on how I wanted kde to boot up I would set a link to
> /etc/iniit.d/kdm. To boot kde.svn I would have: /etc/init.d/kdm ->
> /etc/init.d/kdm.svn. Now it seems the init.d structure of 8.10 is no longer
> used as 9.04 has a link like this, "/etc/init.d/kdm ->
> /lib/init/upstart-job.
>
> I would like to have two resource files as before and the ability to boot
> either kdm factory or kdm svn with a simple symbolic link change.  Can
> someone offer advise on how to do this under 9.04
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> David

>>> <<

Why do you need a link? You can just edit the the file itself,
/etc/init.d/kdm, for example...it will point to the binary itself..
e.g. /usr/bin/kdm, you could change that to ~/...kdm.
I don't know, that's just the way I do it, since it's a quick change
either way, and doesn't modify much of a stock install..

--
KDE Developer,
Shaun Reich