List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Using kde svn with karmic kola
From:       David Boosalis <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 20:22:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I upgraded frm ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04. The upgrade was actually pain free but
for one thing-  In my /etc/init.d directory I had two files kdm.svn and
kdm.org.  Depending on how I wanted kde to boot up I would set a link to
/etc/iniit.d/kdm. To boot kde.svn I would have: /etc/init.d/kdm ->
/etc/init.d/kdm.svn. Now it seems the init.d structure of 8.10 is no longer
used as 9.04 has a link like this, "/etc/init.d/kdm ->
/lib/init/upstart-job.

I would like to have two resource files as before and the ability to boot
either kdm factory or kdm svn with a simple symbolic link change.  Can
someone offer advise on how to do this under 9.04

Thanks in advance for any help.
David