List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: substring completion in KLineEdit
From:       Oszkar Ambrus <oszkar.ambrus () deri ! org>
Date:       2009-10-24 0:01:24

On 23/10/09 23:33, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> With QCompleter, you can set a QAbstractItemModel as the source for
> the completion, and then you can do the substringcompletion within
> that model. Before I knew about QCompleter, I went all the way to
> rewrite KLineEdit to support just that for my GSoC. You can see the
> code in https://github.com/edulix/gsoc/tree

I still don't see how I can get the LineEdit to perform substring
completion and show the appropriate list.

I can only see workarounds, like subclassing it, and tackling with the
KeyPressed function, or grabbing the textChanged signal, filtering the
list manually, and feeding it to the popup of the completer.

--
Oszkár Ambrus

"Whoever believes in the Son [Jesus Christ] has eternal life"
(John 3:36)

Masters Student, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, NUIG
[http://www.deri.ie]