List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: substring completion in KLineEdit
From:       Eduardo Robles Elvira <edulix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-23 22:33:36

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Oszkar Ambrus <oszkar.ambrus@deri.org> wrote:
> On 23/10/09 20:14, Aleix Pol wrote:
>> You can do quite a lot of things with QCompleter, you can check the
>> ExpressionEdit class in KAlgebra
>> (trunk/kdeedu/kalgebra/src/expressionedit.cpp). I'm not sure about what
>> you mean by substringCompletion, but i think you can check in that code
>> and you will find it.
> Thanks for the example. But it uses QCompleter, and it only does prefix
> completion.

Hi,

With QCompleter, you can set a QAbstractItemModel as the source for
the completion, and then you can do the substringcompletion within
that model. Before I knew about QCompleter, I went all the way to
rewrite KLineEdit to support just that for my GSoC. You can see the
code in https://github.com/edulix/gsoc/tree

Regards,
   Eduardo Robles Elvira.