List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kooka KDE4 now in SVN
From:       Jonathan Marten <jjm2 () keelhaul ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-10-21 17:34:31

Eduard Huguet <eduardhc@gmail.com> writes:
> Well, I wouldn't like to start a discussion here, but the question is
> also valid in the opposite way: I mean, ¿why create a new project
> (Skanlite) instead of porting an old, excellent and reliable one like
> Kooka?

Well, part of the reason may have been that at the time Skanlite was
started, Kooka was unmaintained (and was already planned to be dropped
from KDE4), had lots of outstanding bugs and had not been updated for
some time.

There was a lot that needed to be done to Kooka as it was then, so
presumably Skanlite's developer decided that the way forward was to
create a new application and library.  That was his perogative, and
there's nothing wrong with doing that.

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk