List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font hinting: suggestion to consistently restrict its usage to UI
From:       Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-29 23:34:52

2009/9/29 Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org>:
> You said you are not a font expert yet you claim this is because of font
> hinting. I see a logic problem here. I'm not a font expert so i really don't
> know if this is because of hinting or not. And no, you are not the first
> person to complain yet noone seems to scratch his itch.

I can't say whether font hinting is the _only_ problem, that's true.
Reading this comment,

http://slangkamp.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/kword-font-rendering/#comment-99

it seems that the ideal solution would involve fixing the Qt backend
of poppler. What do you think of this comment?

Suppose that I volunteer for trying to do that. Where do I start?

Benoit