List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Future of KPackage?
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-06 18:17:48

Well fine do you want to make a complete KDE4 capable rebuild or will this be
just a movement from one Technique to another?
Debian had once a KDE PackageInstaller in PyKDE to which looked pretty good
though its little stabillity issues we might consider them for their
informations on it.

I would be for a C++ build but this is something different.

Any links for the code that was left over on the Svn? Or remained there?

On Sunday 06 September 2009 19:50:21 dantti85-dev@yahoo.com.br wrote:
> I`ve heared of something like that too, I`ve seem some stuff on suse
> that could track a debug packages with some compiled info, but
> I did not had time to investigate. It could be added to Packagekit easily
>  imo we just need someone to do it :D
>
> Daniel.
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've heared that there were attempts to do a Package finder over at
> > DrKonqi so that thesy can install Debug Packages for the Packages that
> > have no debug pointers in a backtrace maybe you cn contact them and work
> > with them.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andreas Marschke.
> >
> > On Sunday 06 September 2009 18:36:12 Markus wrote:
> > > Am Sonntag, 6. September 2009 17:31:11 schrieb dantti85-
dev@yahoo.com.br:

> > > Ah, OK. Looking through
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/sysadmin/shaman/
> > > Shaman seems almost dead as well. Most stuff in there wasn't touched
> > > for 6 months or longer.
> > > Too bad all you guys aren't working together....

> > > For the manual part I may be able to help.
> > >
> > > BTW: What's the best way to suggest improvements to KPackageKit?
> > > Private e-mail? KDE Forums? Bugzilla?
> > > I'm somewhat capable in usability topics.
> > >

> > > Markus

> > From everything i've lost I miss my mind the most.
> >
> > My blog :
> > http://adreasdevblog.wordpress.com
> >
> > I work with the head developer on this one:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Aki
> >
> > My code repository on github:
> > https://github.com/xxtjaxx/xxtjaxxRepository/tree

From everything i've lost I miss my mind the most.