List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to honor system toolbar settings
From:       David Boosalis <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-04 23:53:58

I filed a bug as KToolBar::setToolButtonStyle() and
KMainWindow::setToolButtonStyle() both fail for me in the same way.
No matter what the argument it sets the style to
Qt::ToolButtonTextBesideIcon.  This maybe a Qt bug (I am using
qt-kde)r

Parker. Concerning your point about XMLGuiWindow.  Ok forget speed, I
just don't like making layouts with Designer or creating an XML file
by hand.  A lot of people my love Designer,  I however am not one of
the them. The layouts produced by Designer while adequate are second
rate to doing them from an editor such as Vi or Emacs.  Having said
that I hope KMainWindow will remain a first class citizen for KDE
developers.

Regards,
David