List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: situation with window decorations
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-09-02 17:56:02

Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> In fact "basic" and "advanced" also look a bit "dry" to me for a tab
> title. Any suggestion ?

Not at the moment, but will let you know if I think of anything.

>> Oh, and I can't seem to set 'blend with window contents' as an
>> exception. If I check it, it doesn't apply, and is unchecked when I
>> re-edit the exception.
> ok. That's a bug. I can reproduce. Will fix and commit _now_.

Thanks.

>> Note that the Oxygen border already /has/ a size grip...
> Yep. Thats correct. In fact, i have this plan in mind: (comments welcome).
> Instead of having a "draw size-grip: yes/no ?" I'd like a "draw
> size-grip: yes/no/when needed", "when needed" being the default, an
> meaning: the size grip is automatically drawn for windows with no
> border, and no border only.
>
> Now one might even want to remove this option entirely (provided the
> "when needed" behavior). But some applications (like firefox, or
> quassel) already provide a size grip.

Firefox doesn't, here.

> Does that make sense ? Any comment ?

Makes sense, no objections from me.

>>> - blue glow for active window. I don't like it (personally), although
>>> I understand the purpose. I'd be inclined to keep the option.
>> Well it's Active Window Titlebar-colored, yes? ;-) But it needs to
>> stay, either as an option, or always-on, or we're back to why Ozone
>> got forked in the first place...
>
> Some confusion here (I think): the glow is the colored _shadow_ in
> composite mode. It is in _oxygen_ without the title-bar coloring of
> ozone. In oxygen it is on by default (Intended I think as a compromize
> to ozone full painting, and I was asked multiple time on kde look to at
> least make an option to disable it.

To clarify, is this in any way related to the colored border in (at
least) non-composite mode?

> I think, to some extend, it should be kept independent from the title
> bar coloring.

Do you mean can turn it on/off independently, or doesn't use titlebar color?

--
Matthew
Hey! Where's the witty punchline?