List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Can't find PolkitQt
From:       kaushik saurabh <roideuniverse () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-02 11:10:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM, David Boosalis <david.boosalis@gmail.com>wrote:

> kaushik.
>
> When I type in ccmake . from kdelibs I do not get anything for
> POLKITQT_CORE_LIBRARY and POLKITQT_GUI_LIBRARY

Ok.
Since you have alread got installed polkit-qt,  i am asking this just for
confirmation,
do you have the, libpolkit-qt-core.so and libpolkit-qt-gui.so files in your
system?

Most probably u have them.
so lets try out something else.try the command

"pkg-config polkit-qt --modversion"

If the pkg-config is able to find your pokit-qt you will get some output.
Most probably you will see that it is unable to find polkit-qt, otherwise u
would not have had this problem.

use command  "echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH" to see the path of pkg config.
find out where in ur system, you have "polkit-qt.pc" file

can you find your polkit-qt.pc file ???
on my system i have it in /home/roide/kde/lib/pkgconfig .

most probably my guess is, the path in which you have polkit-qt.pc file, is
not in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH . so add that to your PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

If you have the *.pc file, and the path of it  added, pkg-config should be
able to find polkit-qt now.

If you can come on #kde-devel probably it can be better than mails, as mails
take some amout of time, to get a reply. :P

GoodLuck.

--
Greetings,
irc nick - roide