List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NetBeans 6.7.1
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-08-01 0:19:22

On 01.08.09 01:22:59, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Pros:

As this mostly compares with KDevelop, I'll allow myself to add some
comments :)

> - Supports refactoring

<shameless plug>
KDevelop does too, even has a SoC project for that
</shameless plug>

> - Very well integrated with Sun's open source forge (Project Kenai).
> It'd be nice to have this kind of integration with Gitorious in
> KDevelop for Qt and KDE stuff.

Can you elaborate a bit about that? What kind of integration do you
mean?

> - Supports cross-compilation and changing tools
> (compiler/assembler/linker/etc) easily. It'd be nice to have this in
> KDevelop.

You actually do, all you need is to create a separate builddir thats
using your cross-compiler. What we probably should add is a way to set
the environment for the cmake command so you can easily tell it that
CXX=gnu-linux-arm-gcc etc...

> - No support for CMake (or even QMake), only makefiles.

Thats often good enough though, I've used KDevelop3 with "custom
makefiles" for hacking on KDevelop4 for more than a year without any
major problems.

> - Opens Qt Designer, Linguist, etc as a new window, out of (not
> embedded in )NetBeans for .ui, .ts, etc. I have two monitors and at
> first I though it was not opening forms, etc, until I noticed they
> were being opened in the other display.

Close to the top of my todolist by now :)

Andreas

--
You will be misunderstood by everyone.