List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Building and distributing KDE
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-07-09 6:49:57

On 08.07.09 19:13:59, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 07:48:47 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 July 2009, Andreas Marschke wrote:
> > > As a result I was really unhappy that koffice didn't work by default with
> > > kdesvn-build. Also extragear/multimedia seems to have some strange error
> > > that kdesvn-build doesn't even log right.
> > > Checking out what happened to koffice there made me find out that it has
> > > a external reference to kdgantt which makes it hard for kdesvn-build to
> > > actually either build or update it so that in an automated build koffice
> > > isn't build.
> >
> > This is hardly related to wether koffice is shipped at the same time as KDE
> > or not. It's a bug in kdesvn-build, and was a nuisance in the koffice svn
> > layout. But koffice being strictly alligned on KDE schedule won't have
> > change that.
>
> Also this is the first I've heard of it. (yes KOffice guys I haven't had time
> to add KOffice to my kdesvn-buildrc :( )
>
> What exactly is the problem that way it can be fixed where the problem lies
> instead of bugging people who aren't to blame?

I guess the OP's problem is that he expected this to work:

module koffice
end module

But it doesn't because that expects koffice to be in trunk/KDE. KOffice
however is directly in trunk/koffice. So one needs to add the
module-base-path option:

module koffice
module-base-path trunk/koffice
end module

This works just fine.

Andreas

--
Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.