List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to make an extra toolbar?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2009-06-25 15:29:04

In the KDE3 version of my app I created an extra toolbar with no associated
menu simply by doing:

	toolBar( "extra" )->insertButton(...)
	toolBar( "extra" )->insertComboBox(...)

I tried a similar thing with KDE4 by declaring a couple of KPushButton and
KComboBox objects and adding them them via:

	toolBar( "extra" )->addWidget( pb1 ), etc.

Everything compiled cleanly, so imagine my dismay when after starting the app
there was no sign of the new toolbar. :( Is it necessary for every toolbar to
be configured in the XML rc file? Must I use actions rather than widgets?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling