List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with QT designer Qt3 -> Qt4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-24 17:24:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Em Quarta-feira 24 Junho 2009, ās 19:10:31, Robin Atwood escreveu:
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Em Quarta-feira 24 Junho 2009, ās 18:42:46, Robin Atwood escreveu:
> > > protected:
> > >                 void slotSliderChanged( int );
> > >                 void slotSpinBoxChanged( int );
> >
> > Missing "slots" after protected. This is just like Qt 3.
> >
> > And Qt 2 and Qt 1.
>
> Thanks guys, that fixed it. However, I just checked my original code and it
> contains the same mistake, so I guess before Qt was less picky.
>
> One more down, onward and upward...

It's not more picky.

The difference is that, in the old code, the original class declared those as
virtual slots for you. Then when you wrote like that, the virtual kicked in
and called your function.

Now it's no longer virtual. You have to make it a slot because no one else
does.

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358