List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Removing kdepimlibs
From:       David Boosalis <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-23 21:20:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

I am building KDE base to run on an embedded device.   The device has a
rather  low power  x86 CPU and graphics capabilities.  I would like not
having to build kdepimlibs, but this is a prerequisite for building
kdebase.  I won't be using any kdepim functionality and want to know if
there a way to easily get around this dependency.   Akonadi in kdesupport is
another library that I don't need for my embedded device.

Having  seen the beginnings of KDE for much smaller embedded devices
(Symbian phones)  will future versions of KDE take a more ala cart approach
as to  which of it's  pillars can be easily designed in (or out) of  a
system

Thanks for any info
David