List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE on S60 demo sources
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-15 22:36:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 15 June 2009, Jani Hautakangas wrote:
> Yes, it is very slow. I didn't pay any attention to performance. This was
> just a proof of concept. S60 devices have very weak processing power
> compared to desktop computers, but I'm sure that it doesn't require much to
> get it running at more usable speed. Hopefully, some good may come of it.

at least part of it would likely be having a plasma shell specifically for
that kind of device.

the applet handles, for instance, probably slow things down considerably given
how they are implemented and things like the toolbox as implemented for the
desktop shell are not overly appropriate either.

iow we probably want to do as we are for the netbooks and produce a minimal
shell and containment.

it won't get us all the way to perfect, but it should help fairly
significantly.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se