List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Umbrello versioning
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-15 14:10:42

On Monday 15 June 2009 7:37:02 am Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Lundi, le 15 juin 2009, à 13:15, Jonathan Riddell a écrit:
> > A better solution would be a script (maybe run by the release dude)
> > which updates version numbers.  I'm curious how other apps with few
> > maintainers solve this.
>
> By having nasty module coordinators ;)
>
> But an automated solution would be cool, indeed.

Not an automated solution, but here's what we do in kdepim:

1) create a kdepim-version.h file containing a version string
2) include that file and use the version string in apps that
don't want to be bothered with maintaining their own version.

Yes, I need to remember to update kdepim-version.h for each release.
But a handful of kdepim apps use this and seem happy.