On Monday 15 June 2009 7:37:02 am Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > Lundi, le 15 juin 2009, à 13:15, Jonathan Riddell a écrit: > > A better solution would be a script (maybe run by the release dude) > > which updates version numbers. I'm curious how other apps with few > > maintainers solve this. > > By having nasty module coordinators ;) > > But an automated solution would be cool, indeed. > Not an automated solution, but here's what we do in kdepim: 1) create a kdepim-version.h file containing a version string 2) include that file and use the version string in apps that don't want to be bothered with maintaining their own version. Yes, I need to remember to update kdepim-version.h for each release. But a handful of kdepim apps use this and seem happy. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<