List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SystemSettings:: PolicyKit:: the bootstrap problem
From:       dantti85-dev () yahoo ! com ! br
Date:       2009-06-08 16:44:35

>Again, I really don't know what you are talking about. I think you should
>document yourself on what polkit is and does if you want to start tracking
>eventual problems. Otherwise, you should just wait for 4.4 for a complete
>integration in the KDE programs.

True, I didn't make any comments in this thread yet since IMO
you are not reading the docs :P, If in Gnome, PolicyKit Works,
and what we have here is just the SAME thing but written in Qt/Kde
I bet you are not familiar yet with the design.
FYI there is:
PolicyKit - Which is the main daemon that take cares
of granting rights to =actions=.

Polkit-gnome (or PolicyKit-gnome) - Which is both
a library (libpolkit-gnome), and 2 guis (polkit-gnome-authorization and manager),
the last two are supplied by polkit-kde-authorization and polkit-kde-manager.
And the first one is provided by libpolkit-qt.

We didn't invented anything NEW, we just added support
for it in KDE which in Gnome works for a few years already ;)

Hope this clarifies a bit.

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com