List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: finding the unloved
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-07 0:13:29

> I presume that you are looking for major things rather than small rough
> edges that need polishing, although I have always though that that is
> important.

Even big ones need some love somewhere for example I feel that there
wasn't much love that was given to the comment widget for dolphin as it
doesn't handle the length  of the text in a user safety way.
I will take matters in my own hands there maybe.

> There are still common Panel applets that are missing from KDE-4.  I
> specifically don't find: "Bookmarks", "Settings", & "Window List".

I think we solved that one by adding the folder view or the instant access
though it sometimes still needs some clicky clicky to get where you want to
be.

But there is always a way to extend this , right?

> And, I have seen it discussed that there is a need for a very simple
> application to "just look at" image, video, audio, and (perhaps) other
> files -- although this needs the tools to view them (e.g. images need:
> flip H & V, rotate CW & CCW, invert, zoom to value, zoom + & -, zoom
> 100%, fit best, fit V, fit H, Gamma, brightness, contrast) but no
> editing, modification functions or feature bloat -- although stepping
> through a directory is useful.

I find that the new dolphin features that show pictures/videos/pdf
/text/music(i think) when you select them can do so already its just a matter
of resizing the the info section a bit and *bam* you have a picture viewer.