List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Inconsistency - discussion
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-06-01 19:51:59

Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Monday 01 June 2009 15:37 schreef u:
>> Again, konsole is different because its a terminal application.
>
> If there is a selection and one presses ctrl-c it should simply do a copy.

No, it should send ctrl-c to the tty.

A terminal emulator is a lot like a virtual machine, nested-X, or remote
desktop client; it needs to be thought of as something whose internal
processes (i.e. "what is running inside") bears absolutely no relation
to the desktop environment.

Pressing ctrl-c in /any/ of the above should send it to "what's running
inside" (remote host, tty...).

--
Matthew
73% of all statistics are made up on the spot.