List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Inconsistency - discussion
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-01 12:43:56

Op Monday 01 June 2009 13:16 schreef u:
> What integration and coherency problems do you see among KDE apps?
> What are the most important things that should be done?

Just to give some examples:

KWin and Plasma have all kinds of neat effects, for example the way you configure \
your panel. This is completely different to any configuration system in any other \
application.

KPassivePopup does not look at KNotification.

Shortcuts for navigating between tabs in konqueror / konsole / whatever app with \
ktabbar are not equal ( people argue they are different applications, so it's ok to \
have different shortcuts, I don't agree )

If you choose quit from an application you don't get a confirmation dialog, but you \
do get (an annoying one) if you close a system tray application.

Konsole does not have a menu bar which can access the menu items individually with a \
shortcut.

Copy & Paste is still very hard to use and acts differently in for example konsole or \
krdc.

Tooltips of systemtray items all look differently.

Marble does not show a toolbar by default

The search bar in Konqi (ctrl-f) is not consistent with other searchbars we use \
throughout kde (it's at the bottom and has different layout).

All sidebars look differently, compare Mailody's composer with dolphin's sidebar, \
with konquerors sidebar, with digikam's sidebar with marble's sidebar.

Konqueror has a 'show navigation panel' and when it's shown the menu item changes to \
'hide navigation panel' and use an icon. Other apps have a checkbox and keep the \
'show x' text.

If you look closely, you can find a lot more.

Toma
--
KDE Developer