List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SOC proposal: a Smith Chart application
From:       Lisandro =?iso-8859-15?q?Dami=E1n_Nicanor_P=E9rez_Meyer?= <perezmeyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-17 21:17:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Dom 17 May 2009 17:39:19 Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi escribió:
> Hi Alex, maybe you want to see some of the work of Lisandro ;)
>
> http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
>
> http://qzplot.sourceforge.net/images/smith_chart3.png
>
> Good luck ;)

I just suscribed to this list (it should happen some day), so no need to CC me
from now on :-)

My main goal with QZPlot was to develop a QWT compatible Smith chart to use in
QAntenna. QZplot is just a small example of it.

The code is... ugly. I wanted to do a resizable chart, trying to avoid the
pixelation showed in linsmith[0]. To do so, I decided to paint the Smith chart
by myself. Not an easy task: the chart is full of intersecting circles, so
it's not easy (ok, at least for me) to find mathematics relationships to find
out how to draw them. As I needed a <uugh>quick demo</uugh>, I <shame on
me>harcoded</shame on me> the points for drawing the circles.

Anyway, if I can be of any help, don't heasitate to write me.

Regards, Lisandro.

[0] http://jcoppens.com/soft/linsmith/index.en.php

--
Wiki participants are, by nature, a pedantic, ornery, and
unreasonable bunch. So there's a camaraderie here we seldom

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/