List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Where to start for making an alpha blended window thingy
From:       Harald Hvaal <haraldhv () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2009-05-14 8:31:19

Hi there

A idea for a tool that I have been wanting to test-run lately has been one
that lets you change desktop by holding down some special button on the mouse
and move it to the desktop you want. Now, this feedback I would like to make
pretty, as in transparent and animated.
My question is, where do I start for making a transparent dialog/animation on
the KDE desktop?
Do I need to write graphics routines through kwin plugin framework? Is there a
flag in Qt that I can use to get an alpha blended backgroudn for a
qmainwindow? Maybe plasma has something for this? Is it even possible?

--
Harald Hvaal
haraldhv@stud.ntnu.no