List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasmate Proposal - added some changes and screenshots
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-02 16:36:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 02 April 2009, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Thursday 02 April 2009 03:45:53 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 April 2009, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > > We could come up with a common code to work with Git repository
> >
> > this would be wonderful; we've had a hard time finding anything pre-made
> > that fits our needs (virtually everything we've found so far is
> > incomplete in some fashion). i plan to look at the Qt Creator code next,
> > though ...
>
> We already have a working code, but it's also not complete. It's also not a
> shared lib or something, so there's a lot effort yet to be paid there.
> Still, having one completed git integration code would be really
> beneficial.

where is the git support code located? i took a quick look, but didn't find
it. i never was good at games of hide and seek ;)

> > i think that the idea of automatically revision controlling documents is
> > something that would make a lot of sense for many applications out there.
>
> I thought about this as well. Eclipse has something like this, but they
> have their own "vcs" implementation. We could get away with git. Say, we
> can always create a repository every time somebody creates a project. We
> can silently commit changes every time user saves the document and so
> forth.

that's exactly what we will be doing in plasmate :)

> PS: in any case, any of these (git, language support) will matter for you
> after you have other more important stuff implemented for PlasMate, so just
> keep in touch with us for now ;)

actually, the git stuff is a required feature for a first release. the
workflow of plasmate just won't really work properly without it. so maybe we
can start there.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se