List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror bookmark toolbar strangeness
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2009-03-26 13:36:10

If I make the bookmark toolbar  visible on konqueror (KDE 4.2.1) it has icons
with text to the right. If I then click on the left end to get the toolbar
menu it does not appear. I have seen this behaviour on a couple of systems
and also on a live CD I booted. Curiously this is the only toolbar affected
(AFAIK). Digging a bit I found ~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc
which contained the following definition:

<ToolBar noEdit="true" iconText="icontextright" fullWidth="true"
name="bookmarkToolBar" iconSize="16" newline="true"><text>Bookmark
Toolbar</text>
</ToolBar>

which looks like the culprit, so I edited the noEdit and iconText settings but
nothing changed. Are these values hard-coded somewhere?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling