List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Notifications and progress bars
From:       Alan Jones <skyphyr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-12 23:27:19

Hi All,

I just had an idea about the issue people have expressed before
regarding notifications
with progress bars auto-hiding. File copy was one particularly
mentioned. Anyway, idea
I had would allow it to hide, while still providing feedback for progress.

If we turned the background of the notification icon into a pie chart
that was the average
of all ongoing progress notifications. I haven't looked into the
feasibility of coding this, but
it seemed like a non-intrusive way to show that those items are still
going on and their
progress without needing to leave the notification taking up a lot of
screen real-estate.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Alan.