List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Make my KJob killable from systray notification/catch ctrl+c the kde
From:       Harald Hvaal <haraldhv () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2009-03-03 6:06:29

Hello again kde-devel

Debugging anything having to do with the extender plasma style notifications
is a real pain when I end up killing the process all the time and the
notifications won't die with the process. They keep stacking up, and on my
small screen you don't need more than 4-5 notifications to fill it up to the
top. So, I have decided to spend some time to make the jobs killable, so that
I can actually close them manually. I would like to know:

1. Even when calling setCapabilities(Killable | Suspendable) on my KJob, why
does there not appear any buttons on the notification?

2. Is there any good KDE-way(preferably cross-platform) to catch the ctrl+c
signal, and close/unregister all jobs before dying?

3. Is there maybe some other way I can manually kill the notifications? Other
than restart everything?

Thanks!
--
Harald Hvaal